2013 Site Supporter
2014 Site Supporter
- Nov 17, 2012
- Webster, NY
ADV Motorrad is proud to announce we are the exclusive USA importer for BUMOT aluminum pannier and top box systems. BUMOT luggage is handcrafted in Bulgaria and is designed for the rider who demands the most durable and functional luggage for adventure touring. The design and testing process, build quality, use of "ADV-grade" materials, and unique features make BUMOT systems a great option for riders looking for a good balance of form, function, and value.
BUMOT systems include:
- TIG welded construction from 2mm aluminum sheet versus 1.5mm in competing products
- Double-layer 4mm wall construction around the entire lower edge of the pannier using techniques borrowed from the sports car and airline industry
- Symmetrical pannier systems with exhaust cut allow for a much narrower system width than asymmetrical systems
- Fully powdercoated inside and out in your choice of silver or black - no more oxidation / black aluminum dust transfer to the contents of your pannier!
- Friction lock hinges which allow the lid to held open anywhere in the range (versus fixed position with an add-on retention strap)
- Heavy duty rubber gaskets and recessed opening design ensure waterproofness
- Zinc passivated latches with a tensile strength of 1,000 pounds each
- Included (not optional) lock cylinders, which are keyed alike for panniers, top boxes, and toolboxes (100 possible key combinations)
- Integrated locking toolboxes (coming soon for the Super Tenere) that provide additional storage secured to the pannier rack
- Bespoke racks provide a strong, stable mounting platform and are galvanized and powdercoated for durability
- Optional Cordura pannier inner bags with YKK zippers available
Since taking on distribution for BUMOT in January, we have been amazed at the build quality, attention to detail, and value for money you can get with their products. We've been anxiously awaiting completion of the Super Tenere application for some time now and are very excited to add this to our growing catalog of adventure-ready parts for the XT1200Z. The pannier systems will be available in both 40L and 45L capacities and powdercoated in your choice of matte black or silver. The quick release top case plate and top cases are also available now, and will be included in our shipment due in late May. The optional toolbox available for other applications is almost completed for the Super Tenere and will be ready to ship in June.
We have already sold quite a few of these systems for other applications (R1200GS, F800GS, etc.) and have had uniformly positive feedback across the board. If you have any questions or would like to pre-order a system, please PM us here, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.