Author Topic: LAAM Seat reveiw with PICS!!!  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Wistrick

LAAM Seat reveiw with PICS!!!
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:41:40 am »
So I decided to do a ride in the see Seth LAAM of LAAM Custom seats http://laamseats.com/to see what magic he could work on the S10 seat....Trip was appox 600 miles down and 600 miles back....On the ride down I paid close attention to where the stock seat was causing me pain or discomfort so these issue would be addressed when the new seat was built....What I found for me was that my lower back and inner thighs where getting sore from trying to hold myself off the tank and also some soreness butt cheeks....

So I roll into his shop @ 8:00 am for my appointment....An I am greeted with a cup of coffee and some chit chat about my new bike and how I like it ect ect....Then down to business...I express to him the before mentions concerns  I have with the stock seat...He puts me on the bike in a riding position and makes a few marks for his reference...(all Greek to me..) He was also concerned with how I touched the ground with the stock seat ...I am on the ball of my left foot and the toe of the right stock..Now I am toes on both sides or ball on the left with the bike at a slight lean (with new seat)  Important note here is that these are one off customs so he will build it to suit your inseam height and weight....No worries for you guys or gals with shorter or long inseams...So now its down to business....and pictures....

So I was out of the shop and headed home by 11:30... Pretty darn quick if you ask me....About 200 miles latter I noticed my lower back and thighs hurt again...Hmm...Then I realized that in the 2500 miles I had rode the bike I  had developed the habit of flexing my inner thighs to keep me back in the seat, even though with the new seat I didn't need to do this...So made an effort to just relax my legs almost to the point of the hanging loose just resting on the pegs....Aww what a difference....The next 200 miles where much better...And it just keep getting better from there....I have about 600 miles on the seat an am very pleased with it....I am also please with the experience and customer service provided by Seth....So there you have it...An questions just give him a call, he will be happy to help u...You can tell from talking to him he is passionate about what he does...

on a side note Seth just did a SS1000 on a KLR with one of his seats...So he rides what he sells.....

Enjoy the ride

Dan

Offline mcrider007

Re: LAAM Seat reveiw with PICS!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:47:44 am »
Very nice.....wish I had one.....but I am going to have to wait until the FedEx truck finds my house today!   ::015::

Update:  The seat was delivered at noon and I got to take a one hour ride before it started raining again.  It felt very good with zero miles and even better an hour later.....definitely a keeper!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:03:58 pm by mcrider007 »

Offline fredz43

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »
Thanks for the review and pics. Is that his basket weave material?

Offline Wistrick

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:50:41 pm »
Thanks for the review and pics. Is that his basket weave material?

No that would be the Carbon Fiber.......

Offline fredz43

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 07:50:18 pm »
No that would be the Carbon Fiber.......

Looks good. Thanks.

Offline escapefjrtist

• Searching for Dry Roads
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 12:15:29 am »
Thanks for the review and pics Dan! Seth does a great job.

I'll be making a ride-in appointment early next year to have rider & pillion done.

--G
IBA 34365
'12 Super Tenere
'09 FJR1300

Offline NorthwestCajun

• 2012 Super Tenere
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »
Me and  buddy are heading down at the end of the month ::012:: looking forward to finally getting a comfortable seat! Seth said he can do 4 front seats in one day, anyone want to join us?
Life is an Adventure, Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Offline polishadam82

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 01:13:10 am »
hmm maybe we could get some sort of deal what day you guys planning on riding out there?
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

Offline kenbike

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:41:31 am »
Are you guys still happy with your seats?

Offline NorthwestCajun

• 2012 Super Tenere
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:52 am »
A buddy and I went down this weekend to get our seats made. Seth is a true professional at what he does. His attention to detail and customer service are awesome! We showed up at about 8:30 and we were done a little after noon.  We did a 130 mile loop ride after lunch, even got about 10 miles of dirt forest roads in. Northern California have some amazing roads! Go se Seth! he will build you a great seat! The 600 miles back to Tacoma were so much easier on my body then on the way down. No preassure on my butt or especially my knees.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:09:18 am by NorthwestCajun »
Life is an Adventure, Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Offline Wistrick

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »
Are you guys still happy with your seats?

2000 miles later and still happy  ::015::

Dan