Author Topic: Shift lever  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Sasager

Shift lever
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:55 am »
I have seen some mods and the HB adjustable lever but had anyone used an IMS or Hammerhead Designs made for a different bike model.
I used a Hammerhead Designs on my GSA for my size 13 Alpinestars and worked great

Picking up my new bike next week
Hope to take a good look at the splines? On the lever
Just wondering what would match up?
Thanx ::012:: ::012:: ::012::

Offline snakebitten

Shift lever
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »
No splines on the shift lever itself.

Instead, the lever is connected to a rod that runs vertically up several inches to the other lever with the splines. The actual transmission shaft is fairly high up on this bike. Further allowing centralizing the center of gravity, I suppose.

This motor is pretty compact for a 1200 cc plant.
XT1200Z  TBDBITW  (The Biggest Dirt Bike in The World)
KTM 500 EXC              Dirtiest Street Bike In The World
KTM 950 SE           (The Substitute for the XT700Z that's coming)

Offline ~TABASCO~

• RIDE ON ADV is what I do !
Re: Shift lever
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »
I don't think hammer head makes one for our bike.  But I can make you a foldable unit for a fraction of the cost.
Lowering Links & Rising Links shipping now !

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ride-On-ADV/678244025556248

UNI Filters now in stock and shipping !!!   Get them while they last !!!

Shipping HEIDENAU'S... In stock

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline markjenn

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:07 pm »
The actual transmission shaft is fairly high up on this bike. Further allowing centralizing the center of gravity, I suppose.

Might effect the CG, but I've always heard that the main reason for the "stacked" transmission layout was to shorten the motor fore/aft which allows the motor to be more forward in the chassis, putting more weight on the front wheel (which is generally desirable).

- Mark

Offline NoMorBills

• AARG
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

Bought just the tip.

Extended the stock one to fit my big feet.
Get off the internet and get out and ride!

Offline snakebitten

Shift lever
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 06:20:18 pm »
Might effect the CG, but I've always heard that the main reason for the "stacked" transmission layout was to shorten the motor fore/aft which allows the motor to be more forward in the chassis, putting more weight on the front wheel (which is generally desirable).

- Mark

Yea, that's what I meant. :)
XT1200Z  TBDBITW  (The Biggest Dirt Bike in The World)
KTM 500 EXC              Dirtiest Street Bike In The World
KTM 950 SE           (The Substitute for the XT700Z that's coming)

Offline joneil

• Life is Good, Living is Great
Shift lever
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
I don't think hammer head makes one for our bike.  But I can make you a foldable unit for a fraction of the cost.

Jaxon, talk to me about shift levers.  Every time I stand up, I up shift.  Very annoying while trying to climb a hill.  Today I hit a rock and it bent my shifter pretty good and possibly broke my big toe.  So as long as I'm dealing with a bent shifter......  Maybe you have a solution for my problem?
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2007 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:12 pm »
Jaxon, talk to me about shift levers.  Every time I stand up, I up shift.  Very annoying while trying to climb a hill.  Today I hit a rock and it bent my shifter pretty good and possibly broke my big toe.  So as long as I'm dealing with a bent shifter......  Maybe you have a solution for my problem?

I can fix it up for you...  call me at the office tomorrow.. I have same turn around...   ~ Jaxon

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline joneil

• Life is Good, Living is Great
Shift lever
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »
Awesome.  Will do. 
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2007 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic

Offline KENAROO

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:57 pm »
What's measurement of the od of the pivot that the shifter slips onto.?
Hammerhead has a shifter for a Ducati hyper that may work with a little modding.

The ID of the shifter  bushing sleeve is .471 or a tad under 12mm
The stock length is 4.85 or 123 mm

I love their shifters and have them on two of my current enduro bikes.  If its close ill pick one up and give it a try
http://www.hdmoto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=51%2D1181

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
Just extended another shifter and made it fold able today... Added the zert as well for easy lube...  We should have gotten this from the factory....    ::008::

www.rideonadv.com

Offline tpak

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 11:25:07 pm »
Just extended another shifter and made it fold able today... Added the zert as well for easy lube...  We should have gotten this from the factory....    ::008::

What do you charge to do both foldable and the zirk with standard shipping - assuming round trip? Any interest in running a group buy if we all send them in within a specified time period? It's off season in most places, like Colorado (mostly) so we can probably all manager without for a week or so.

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 12:05:57 am »
What do you charge to do both foldable and the zirk with standard shipping - assuming round trip? Any interest in running a group buy if we all send them in within a specified time period? It's off season in most places, like Colorado (mostly) so we can probably all manager without for a week or so.

I work with each customer.....  It just really depends on what they want / need.....    Turn around time is about one day for each one..   Im down for a GB......     We just brought in a new shifter for this customer and added the TT fold able shifter.. Its a nice strong set up....  I like that TT part....     I dont want to get in to cheeping out...  That just ends with unhappy customers... If we do them where going to do them right...   If you want to put on a GB, PM me and we can talk more about it......    ::008::

www.rideonadv.com