Author Topic: 2017 Super Tenere National Rally  (Read 6234 times)

Offline JRE

• Going to hell on scholarship
Re: 2017 Super Tenere National Rally
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »
I have a lot of great routes in the TN, NC, GA area...of course it's hard to go wrong in most places around there unless you're stabbing it.
Joe
I'm silently correcting your grammar
2014 Yamaha Super Ténéré ES
2009 Honda XR650L

Offline pnelson

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 02:09:39 am »
If folks are interested in coming out to the Pacific NW, at least as far as Idaho and Montana, there are some good options. I made a post on my blog about the Lolo Hot Springs Resort in western Montana. It's near the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route. It has tent camping, cabins and RV parking as well as a giant pool and hot springs.

Check the blog for more info >> http://oregonmoto.blogspot.com/2016/11/idbdr-as-super-tenere-2017-rally.html

There are great paved and  non-paved rides.  The PNW Tenere riders are working on our summer schedule now and I'm sure the IDBDR will be part of it even if it's just a few days riding.

Photos >> https://goo.gl/photos/zCJgRwwKL9mBk7dy9

;-) Paul Nelson
2013 ST10 in Sandy, OR
Make things better.

Offline pnelson

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 02:28:29 am »
If folks are interested in coming out to the Pacific NW, at least as far as Idaho and Montana, there are some good options. I made a post on my blog about the Lolo Hot Springs Resort in western Montana. It's near the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route. It has tent camping, cabins and RV parking as well as a giant pool and hot springs.

Check the blog for more info >> http://oregonmoto.blogspot.com/2016/11/idbdr-as-super-tenere-2017-rally.html

There are great paved and  non-paved rides.  The PNW Tenere riders are working on our summer schedule now and I'm sure the IDBDR will be part of it even if it's just a few days riding.

Photos >> https://goo.gl/photos/zCJgRwwKL9mBk7dy9

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:34:02 am by pnelson »
;-) Paul Nelson
2013 ST10 in Sandy, OR
Make things better.

Offline Abercrombie Tenere

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 02:53:46 am »
Has anyone been working on a 2017 rally?
It would help on planning vacations if we could set a place and date early.
Utah was excellent last fall, but maybe we should move it around.
I was looking at the Black Hills of SD. and it would be a central new location.
We need an inside man near the Hills to set thing up.
If we held it on either side of the Sturgis rally [week before or after] anyone wanting to do both rally's could easily do so.
I guess I'm an out west kind of guy, Less traffic and people, more scenic, lots of things to do and see.
I'm open for any good place for the rally it just helps to know sooner than later the time and place.
Maybe we need to have it in Deadhorse or Inuvik, that would give me a great reason to ride back up.

Steve

Man I like your idea of the black hills.  There is a nice trail set up called the Dakota Adventure loop "DakAL" that runs through the Black Hills.  I have only ridden a small section of the DakAL so far but I will be back there again next June.  The Dakotadualsportriders.com have small rally based just out of Deadwood that I will be using to hit more of the DakAL trail and get a better feel for the area.

http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=2286.0

Dakota Adventure Loop
http://shop.stridersports.com/
Abercrombie Tenere
MSF Rider Coach
13 Yamaha Tenere
14 Yamaha FJR ES
06 Ducati 999 Superbike
08 Ducati 1100S Hypermotard
15 Honda XR650L

Offline Buelligan

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 07:12:54 am »
Idaho, and South Dakota both sound like great  places  to ride.  I've been itching to get up and ride the IDBDR, ever since I completed the UTBDR.
Sounds like we already have a group of folks in Idaho, that know the country and could help set up a location and some routes...
Don't forget Colorado, we could always return there for another rally  ::001::
Guns and parachutes: If you ever need one and don't have it, you will never need one again.

Offline holligl

• Find the road less traveled...
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 08:32:56 am »
Man I like your idea of the black hills.  There is a nice trail set up called the Dakota Adventure loop "DakAL" that runs through the Black Hills.  I have only ridden a small section of the DakAL so far but I will be back there again next June.  The Dakotadualsportriders.com have small rally based just out of Deadwood that I will be using to hit more of the DakAL trail and get a better feel for the area.

http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=2286.0

Dakota Adventure Loop
http://shop.stridersports.com/

This sounds like a great trail, all ready routed and scouted.  What I like about this thread is it gives us all ideas for great adventures whether we make it to a rally or not. 

Idaho sounds great too.  It was the last of the 50 states I have visited (sans motorcycle).  I remember remote interesting locations like City of Rocks and Craters of the Moon.
2014 BluES

Offline eemsreno

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 10:01:11 am »
I've been planning a vacation next summer to Montana with Michelle in Aug.  If the rally was out that way, we could do both in one trip.   That Lolo trail was great!  Ghost town hunting is fun out there.

Offline limey

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 12:26:33 pm »
Given the state of the country, I can't blame them  ::015::
Canada or the USA ?

Offline limey

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 12:29:01 pm »
Limey, organize one in Ontario. That would be my second choice. I rode 3 days across Ontario on my way to UT this year and it is beautiful.

_
Sorry Ontario is Flat and boring that's why I ride to the good old USA every year.

Offline Brick

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 12:39:07 pm »
Timing... it's always a timing thing.

I have been trying to attend a Tenere' rally for years but have yet to get to one.

This year I'm already scheduled to attend www.ridemsta.com's STAR 2017 in Colorado June 11 - 15th and I will ride this years www.sc-ma.com's Three Flags Classic September 1st start in Abbotsford, BC and end September 4th in  Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the dates for the 2017 Tenere' Rally.

Idaho sounds better IMHO.

Thanks for your work on this.
 ::026::
'14 ES Yamaha Super Tenere'
'99 SV-650
'15 FJ-09
Wanna see where I'm riding?
http://tinyurl.com/3a343vx
www.ridemsta.com

Offline JRE

• Going to hell on scholarship
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 12:41:22 pm »
Canada or the USA ?
US...lots of crazy happening here these days  :(
Joe
I'm silently correcting your grammar
2014 Yamaha Super Ténéré ES
2009 Honda XR650L

Offline eemsreno

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 01:10:58 pm »
Timing... it's always a timing thing.

I have been trying to attend a Tenere' rally for years but have yet to get to one.

This year I'm already scheduled to attend www.ridemsta.com's STAR 2017 in Colorado June 11 - 15th and I will ride this years www.sc-ma.com's Three Flags Classic September 1st start in Abbotsford, BC and end September 4th in  Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the dates for the 2017 Tenere' Rally.

Idaho sounds better IMHO.

Thanks for your work on this.
 ::026::

Brick
Your post is the exact reason I started this.
We need dates early so guys can plan to be there.

Offline BaldKnob

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »
Them eastern guys just don't get out of state much.  :)

Guilty, as charged with no defense but in a State with so many fine roads and gravel opportunities, can you blame me? Personally, I would like to see another CO installment. I'll be ready for that.

If an Eastern Rally ever comes to pass, Tellico Plains would be my choice. The BRMC is nice but it's 2-3 more hours to drive there (if coming from the West) and then most of the good stuff is an hour or 2 west of it. The Farmhouse can hold a good-sized crowd and they have cabins for non-campers. Motels nearby and Knoxville/Chattanooga are about an hour drive if anyone wants to fly in and rent something. There are three companies (that I know of) in the area that will hook you up. September or very late August would be best time to avoid the worst of the heat and humidity. October is booked.

There was an impromptu Rally (at Crawford's Campground) held in 2013 and 20 or so riders showed up. Lot of guys from Florida, Georgia and couple from Jersey. Not many NC riders from what I recall and to be fair, the Tenere was still kinda new to people. We can do better, next time around. 
'12 SuperTenere
'08 WR250F
'02 KTM520EXC (tagged)

Offline limey

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 05:53:56 pm »
US...lots of crazy happening here these days  :(
The wife and I do most of our riding in the USA find the people more friendly than up our way.

Offline 78YZ

• Life is Good
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 06:14:45 pm »
Them eastern guys just don't get out of state much.  :)

That is a stereotype I am working hard to break. No one herelives farther east than me... unless they live on a boat. ::025::

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:12:27 pm by 78YZ »
2013 Super Tenere | 2008 WR250R