Author Topic: Not Feeling This Bike (Yet)  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Jim

Re: Not Feeling This Bike (Yet)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »
Hey Jim. If you’ve got all that stuff tied down by the end of the month, we’ll swing over that way and pick you up on the way to Barber for Vintage Festival Weekend (CLICK).

Motorcycling isn’t just about big-blue sitting in my garage. It’s also about going places, seeing new things, meeting new people and having fun. I’ll bet if you can get out on some fun trips you’ll forget about all the bike's little quirks in quick order.  ::012::
I sure hope to be able to do that someday Bill. Thankyou.
first and last bike was in 1975: 1975 BMW900 tourer. Sure was in love with her. Hope it will be rekindled with my ordered ST in sexy blue.

Offline Jim

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:26 pm »
I haven't recieved the brunt of name calling in a while.  I do not have everything figured out but I have earned everything I own (which is not much compared to others).  I am sick of pepole who lived outside of their means and had evey concievable toy only to be bailed out later during the economy.  Therefore, when people describe financial problems revolving around around a toy, I cry bullshit.  This bike is my first (and probably only) new bike.  Prior to my S10, I rode a 30 yr old Honda I saved and ressurected.  I also cry bullshit on your ride around the block assessment.  Why would you spend that much money on a bike you were not sure about?

Your granddaughter is fortunate to have a financial safet net and I hope she appreciated the sacrafice.   I hope you resolve your issues and ride the bike the way it is designed to be ridden.  I do not recall ever being called a chump.....I shall add that to my list.
Yea, well, you need to. Like I said you know nothing about me. I've never been bailed out of anything financial or whatever. This bike is no "toy" to me. It is  my sole transportation for the next 5 years so, excuse me all to hell and back for wanting to have confidence in this motorcycle (not that I need to explain anything to you).
first and last bike was in 1975: 1975 BMW900 tourer. Sure was in love with her. Hope it will be rekindled with my ordered ST in sexy blue.

Offline jaquima

• Live young, die fast, wear clean underwear.
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »
UNCLE!!!  Jeez already.

Go ride and enjoy the bike and the weather.
2012 Super Tenere (Blue)

Offline dcstrom

• Super Tenere information
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 11:00:10 am »
Just for info a 1975 BMW R90 was claimed 60hp, the Tenere is claimed 110. The BWM is claimed lighter by 50lb or so, but that was dry weight vs wet weight on the Tenere, so my guess is they weigh the same or whithin 20lbs so a wash there, so you basically are 50hp up over the old bike at the same weight.

I had a '75 R90 - it was no lightweight but I don't recall it being over 500lbs - sure enough

Unladen Weight with Full Tank - 210 Kg / 462 lb

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/specpages/R90-6.htm

So a little over 100lbs lighter than the Super Tenere. Very different bikes though so not fair to compare.

Trevor
Currently travelling from DC to Argentina http://tinyurl.com/EscapeFromDC
http://supertenere1200.com/

Offline yukondood

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 11:11:07 am »
I agree with those that say get some miles on it and then comment.  I had the luxury of time and resources to spend significant time on my S10 the first 30 days, the last 20 have sucked.  But the first 30 led to 8000km and a new set of tires.  The more I ride it, the more I like it.  I would agree to some of the feedback, does lack power but that is compared to last sport bikes I was riding- apples to oranges.  Seat forward lean-trimmed the rubbers under seat-fixed! Does feel heavy in the garage and backwards duck walks out of a parking stall.  the weight disapears as you use your right wrist and get some seat time.  I am blown away with the things I have done in the dirt with a 600 pound bike, let alone the highway miles.

I will not be looking at other bikse for a long while :)
S10 Tenere
14 yz 450
Whitehorse Yukon

Offline PVC

• www.motovrienden.be
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:15 am »
I've now arounf 5000km on the bike and I am wondering why.... all those years I've been fncking around with sporty naked bikes for!  :)) Really! ::005::
This bike has it all. Well, let me rephrase that, had all that I was looking for in a new bike.

Comfort, evenly spread powerband, torque, light steering, stability, ergonomic, it's finish, it's price, it's autonomy, it's.... blablahbla...

All I felt in the first km's during break in was... FEAR, sheer fear this bike would disappoint me later on... now that I'm opening up on throttle and mileage, this bike has started to grow on me.
I no longer feel tired hands, have no baffles around the ears nor have a sore arse from sitting to crampy on it. I get up on the pegs from time to time to enjoy the view and catch some fresh air instead...   8)

Next is the clunking when opening up 'pathetically' fluent at around 3000rpm has gone,... why? I now open up as from 4000 rpm and let it rip the soil underneath it to shreds! HAH!  O:-)
Then there was the fear of having too few power to keep me busy... coming from a Corsaro and before that a Speed Triple, it sure was an understandable fear. No problema (Yeah, problems are female), I have it on Sport all the time and ride in TCS-2... I haven't drifted Tokyoykysuckyfushima-style yet so TCS-2 is working for me... It GOES GREAT, believe me. I have been riding with racers in c-roads and they are no match for this donkey (and his S10).  ::002::

Then there was the endurance... yep there's the endurance... it's wonderful, isn't it?  ::012::

An finally, I have riden now in those 5000km more in the rain than with any other of my bikes... I hate rain since my crash with my Suzuki RGV250 Kevin Schwantz replica when I was dumb an 18, but getting on this bike like immediately gave me comfort and it's still growing...I hope it stops growing before I see the bottom of the odd cliff.  :-X

Give the bike time, loosen up and ride it like you stole it...   ::26:: but don't overdo it...  ::025::
Husqvarna 400 WR //1986
Ducati Monster 600 //1995
Triumph Speed Triple 1050 //2005
Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 Special Edition // 2009 FOR SALE!!!
Yamaha Super Ténéré XT1200Z First Edition //2011