Author Topic: Japan banner donation  (Read 16003 times)

Offline dcstrom

• Super Tenere information
Japan banner donation
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:18:36 am »
We thought it might be better to start a new thread for this in case there are people who haven't caught up with what we're doing...

We've produced a poster to send to the Yamaha factory, in appreciation of the workers who build our bikes at a difficult time for Japan.

Poster is being printed right now and will be sent next week - we're now open for donations...

Cost for 3 posters plus shipping is going to be around $170. Anything we collect over that amount we will donate to a charity working in Japan (open to suggestions as to which one).

You can send to my paypal account - trevangel (at) gmail.com. I'll then send money to Tabasco to pay his costs, and post a receipt here for any amount that we have been able to donate. Sound OK?

Put a note in in your donation if you want a copy of the file. It's 40"x28" but only 2mb. I can resize for you if you want it smaller, so just mention whatever size you want.

Let's get this done!

Trevor

Currently travelling from DC to Argentina http://tinyurl.com/EscapeFromDC
http://supertenere1200.com/

Offline nankoweap

• Rider, Lover, Consultant
Re: Japan banner donation
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:24:52 am »
I really dig the banner. Very cool idea and an appropriate gesture to Yamaha, their employees and the Japanese people.
jason
IBA #267
2012 Super Tenere - Blue

Offline pqsqac

• Bike Name: Blue Spirit
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:57:47 am »
One suggestion I have is for folks to select the gift option in PayPal to keep the transaction costs down for Trevor. I believe it may even be free by doing this.   
Vince

Offline ~TABASCO~

• RIDE ON ADV is what I do !
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »
Looks awesome !  I should know after lunch if they will be ready to pick up tonight...
Lowering Links & Rising Links shipping now !

Shipping HEIDENAU'S... In stock

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline dcstrom

• Super Tenere information
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:20:45 pm »
One suggestion I have is for folks to select the gift option in PayPal to keep the transaction costs down for Trevor. I believe it may even be free by doing this.

Yeah I noticed some fees on some of the donations - basically I think it comes down to where the money is being drawn from;

Sending money – Personal payments:

It's free within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30). For personal payments, the sender can pay the fee or pass it on to the recipient. If the recipient doesn't want to pay the fee, they can choose not to accept the payment.

Receiving money – Personal payments:

It's free to receive money from friends or family in the U.S. when they send the money from the PayPal website using only their PayPal balance or their bank account, or a combination of their PayPal balance and bank account.

If you receive a personal payment made from a debit card or credit card, the sender has the option to pay the fee or pass it on to you. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can choose not to accept the payment.

If the fee is passed to you, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. For example, if you are sent $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).
Currently travelling from DC to Argentina http://tinyurl.com/EscapeFromDC
http://supertenere1200.com/

Offline Venture

• Administrator
  • Ride for Adventure
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »
Very nice, guys.  This is the kind of stuff that if it filters down to the workers, should really make them proud - that a bunch of folks from far across the sea took the time to say, "thanks" in a very professional way. 

Donation on its way.
Need to ride more.

Offline Brntrt

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 02:12:02 pm »
Trevor, Tabasco, top notch work by two top notch human beings, thanks for you effort! :)

Mark

2011 Tiger 800(sold)
2012 Tenere
2008 KLR 650(sold)
2000 Kawasaki VN 800B
1990 KLR 650

Offline rem

• A man who don't lie, ain't got nothin' to say.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »
Couldn't agree more.   You boys are OK, I don't care what everybody up here says about you.    >:D    R
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z (Deceased)
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere XTZ12BB
DieHard
2012 First Annual Super Tenere Rally - Whitehorse, Yukon

Offline Combo

• DSN
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 07:51:38 pm »
Thanks a lot guys,
Great job  :exclaim:
Money sent.
I don't know where I'm going but I won't be late!

Offline trinc4me

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:53 pm »
Thanks a lot guys,
Great job  :exclaim:
Money sent.

+1........ ;)
Bob
Romans 8:28

Offline Firefight911

• SmugMug Site
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:19 pm »
Done!  Forgot to ask for the file though if you don't mind.

Thanks!!!
Phil Challinor

Where  am I?

'12 Yamaha Tenere born August 4, 2011

Offline elwood

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:22:21 pm »
Who is delivering the banner and where is it being delivered?

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »
Who is delivering the banner and where is it being delivered?

Im having the banners printed.. The first and second one where printed today.. The third will be printed Monday morning.. Ive seen a picture of the first one and it looks great. They will be sent to Japan probably on Tuesday and package should be at there offices by Friday.  I have the names, and addresses to the correct people at Corporate Yamaha Motor Co.  Japan.  (1) corporate (2) engineering  (3) factory...  That's where the three are ending up.  Ive asked for a pictures to be sent back if possible... 

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline toompine

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »
I am in, thanks for all the work.  Contibution sent.  I would like a copy of the file
Never too many motorcycles to have, but too many I don't have yet

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:45 am »
There have been a ton of people that have PM me about donations....   ;)   Now is the time....   Trevor's pay-pal is at the top of the page....    O:-) 

www.rideonadv.com