Poll

How Many out there have taken Delivery of their bikes?

Yes I've Taken Delivery
40 (45.5%)
No but I have my Vin
21 (23.9%)
Nope no clue when I'll actually Take Delivery
27 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: August 09, 2011, 05:21:06 pm

Author Topic: Let's see what percentage have taken delivery  (Read 5117 times)

Offline adventorider76

Let's see what percentage have taken delivery
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:21:06 pm »
I thought it might be fun to actually get a count of those that have taken Delivery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:24:44 pm by adventorider76 »
A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.

Offline adventorider76

Re: Let's see what percentage have taken delivery
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:28:46 pm »
We have no yes votes, because they are all out riding. >:(
A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.

Offline trinc4me

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
We have no yes votes, because they are all out riding. >:(

Probably right.....lol
Bob
Romans 8:28

Offline Yamaguy55

• No difficult problems, just difficult people
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »
I voted yes, because I just got home with it. Was worth the wait in every way. For a beast, it sure is a hoot on curvy mountain roads.  Power delivery is best described as either a very large version of the old XS650, or a really really big single.  Actually, it is sort of a blend. I'm surprised on how easy it was to hit the rev limiter. I had the windshield in the upper position, lots of wind buffeting on the slab portion of my homeward ride. I moved it down, we'll see if it better later. Right now, I'm trying to cool off, it is really hot here.
Blue XT1200Z, WR250R: also Blue (the fast color) And a neglected XS400G as a Scrambler project.

Offline adventorider76

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 05:49:23 pm »
I voted yes, because I just got home with it. Was worth the wait in every way. For a beast, it sure is a hoot on curvy mountain roads.  Power delivery is best described as either a very large version of the old XS650, or a really really big single.  Actually, it is sort of a blend. I'm surprised on how easy it was to hit the rev limiter. I had the windshield in the upper position, lots of wind buffeting on the slab portion of my homeward ride. I moved it down, we'll see if it better later. Right now, I'm trying to cool off, it is really hot here.

Congrats on taking delivery of your new blue S10!   Don't blame you, for cooling off.   With the summer temperatures over 100 in Texas now for 30+ consecutive days, I'm not sure it's a bad thing I haven't taken delivery yet.   Oh who am I kidding... ???

Offline Twitch

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »
Yes, here. Got out at daybreak, but only made 170 miles today…dang friggin’ hot weather!  :mad:

Offline japako

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 06:18:05 pm »
Took delivery today.. I thought It would be Tuesday, but the guys got together and built 5 bikes by about 4:00.
The bikes were delivered from the warehouse this morning at 9:00.

I have pics when I get some time to post..
Jim

2012  Blue Super Tenere  Sold
2011  WR250R

www.rideonadv.com

Offline Storm

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 06:41:37 pm »
Got mine yesterday afternoon.  Rode it home and haven't been able to ride it since then. Was busy most of the today and by the time I was done it was too dang hot to ride. Don't worry, I'll be getting some seat time tomorrow!!
You can always tell a Texan.  You just cain't tell him much!

Offline Gus

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
 Last time I heard from yamaha, mine was in Montreal. We're a couple of days away here so I'm hoping I'll have mine early next week.

Offline Yamaguy55

• No difficult problems, just difficult people
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »
Congrats on taking delivery of your new blue S10!   Don't blame you, for cooling off.   With the summer temperatures over 100 in Texas now for 30+ consecutive days, I'm not sure it's a bad thing I haven't taken delivery yet.   Oh who am I kidding... ???

Yamagal59 is in Dallas right now; says its hot. It was damp enough from the downpours earlier this week it was just miserable by the time I got halfway home. I managed to find some CBDL type (cereal box drivers license) on a back road that rode the brake, even uphill! Finally found a place to pass: it was some 20ish girl! Usually they're happily texting away and running over mailboxes. I just got back from another spin: I have a loop of paved, dirt and stone/gravel roads where I tested my WR250R suspension, because I could repeat conditions and see if I was making progress. ( I did) I took the ST on the same path. For a beast, it does quite well on dirt and gravel/stone roads. I didn't blast along like I do on the WRR, but went briskly enough to get a feel for how it is. I don't want to kill it off the first day I have it.
Yamagal59 asked me if she had 15K to spend shopping there in Dallas. I told her no, I bought her a new lid along with the bike. She was drooling over my Arai Corsair V, so now she has one. Part of the purpose of buying the bike was being able to take her along. I won't be doing river crossings and hillclimbs with her aboard, so I got her a street helmet.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a replica of today. I'll stay off the bike during the heat of the day (World Superbike is on at those times: I can stay cool and watch that) and go out in the evening. I was fine just now, it had cooled down from a very humid mid-high 90s to about 85, and that's fine. I wear gear, so if too hot, I can only take it for so long. The ST directs the vast majority of engine heat away from you, so you don't bake like a lot of bikes.
Blue XT1200Z, WR250R: also Blue (the fast color) And a neglected XS400G as a Scrambler project.

Offline johnpitts01

• Super Tenere Blue
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
Mine is here!!!!
Talked to my dealer Sussex Motorsports NJ today.  The bike was delivered to the dealer yesterday.  Assembled today.

Unfortunately for me I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks in Asia.   :'(

'12 Yamaha Super Ténéré Blue, Fast and better than anything from Europe

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death

THE DEAN OF WESTERN ADVENTURE ROUTES
Backcountry Byways Journal

Offline adventorider76

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 09:16:45 pm »
Yamagal59 is in Dallas right now; says its hot. It was damp enough from the downpours earlier this week it was just miserable by the time I got halfway home. I managed to find some CBDL type (cereal box drivers license) on a back road that rode the brake, even uphill! Finally found a place to pass: it was some 20ish girl! Usually they're happily texting away and running over mailboxes. I just got back from another spin: I have a loop of paved, dirt and stone/gravel roads where I tested my WR250R suspension, because I could repeat conditions and see if I was making progress. ( I did) I took the ST on the same path. For a beast, it does quite well on dirt and gravel/stone roads. I didn't blast along like I do on the WRR, but went briskly enough to get a feel for how it is. I don't want to kill it off the first day I have it.
Yamagal59 asked me if she had 15K to spend shopping there in Dallas. I told her no, I bought her a new lid along with the bike. She was drooling over my Arai Corsair V, so now she has one. Part of the purpose of buying the bike was being able to take her along. I won't be doing river crossings and hillclimbs with her aboard, so I got her a street helmet.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a replica of today. I'll stay off the bike during the heat of the day (World Superbike is on at those times: I can stay cool and watch that) and go out in the evening. I was fine just now, it had cooled down from a very humid mid-high 90s to about 85, and that's fine. I wear gear, so if too hot, I can only take it for so long. The ST directs the vast majority of engine heat away from you, so you don't bake like a lot of bikes.

Thats good stuff.. "Happily texting and running over mailboxes."  lol!  Thanks for the ride report.  I'm sure Yamagal59 will be quite happy once she gets her first ride on the XTZ!  Especially with that cool new lid!

Offline lbever

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 09:22:37 pm »
Picked mine up today.  115 miles on the way home from the dealer.  Everything I had hoped for. 
Black Super Tenere (Arrived 7-30-11) 26K miles
Current Bikes: 2012 KTM350 ECF-W, 2013 KTM 350 XC-F, 2004 GAS GAS 280
AMA Life Member

Offline adventorider76

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:35:25 pm »
Picked mine up today.  115 miles on the way home from the dealer.  Everything I had hoped for.

Welcome lbever and congrats!  Where did you pick your bike up from?

Offline switchback

• One bike is never enough!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 10:30:55 pm »
Where are the western bikes.  Seems like the east has its act together but darn it i want to ride
Cheers,

David
Current:  2012 Super Ténéré,  2007 Ducati MTS 1100DS, 2003 WR450F
Past:  2007 DR650, 1999 Triumph Tiger, 1989 CR500 (Rick Johnson's), 1986 TT350, 1985 ZX750 Turbo, 1984 IT200, 1980 MX175