Author Topic: New to north TEXAS tires and trails  (Read 118 times)

Offline Lutsie

New to north TEXAS tires and trails
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:57:15 pm »
I am new to north Texas (flower mound) moved here about 3 months ago. New shinko 705's came today and I need to get them installed. Any cheap recommended shops for a tire change (wheels off the bike).

After I get my new tires I would like to take them off the beaten path. Any dirt trails or roads in the area?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hogmolly

Re: New to north TEXAS tires and trails
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:50 am »
There are plenty of dirt "white rock" roads to the north and west.  Just open your favorite mapping app and look for the dashed lines.   There are motorcycle offload areas up near the red river, Muenster TX.   Further in OKla you hit red clay.  I have never found any "nice" fire roads in this area.  For that you really need to hit up SE Okla or Ark.
16 ST, 10 FLHCUSE5, 95 R100GSPD

Offline Crew Chief

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »
You might make an introduction at Two Wheeled Texans if you haven't. There are a few riders up your way. Thashereg comes to mind, but there are others too.
Mike Brewster
Current:2014 Super Tenere', 2000 DRZ400, 1995 Kawasaki Concours
Previous: 1975 Kawasaki H1, 1982 Yamaha Seca 650, 2001 KLR650

Offline Mellow

• ST-Owners.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »
I am new to north Texas (flower mound) moved here about 3 months ago. New shinko 705's came today and I need to get them installed. Any cheap recommended shops for a tire change (wheels off the bike).

After I get my new tires I would like to take them off the beaten path. Any dirt trails or roads in the area?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a no-mar tire changer and I'm in Carrollton, not too far from you... PM me and we'll set up a time for you to come by and we'll put the tires on.

testate