Author Topic: Low Seat Concepts seat will not latch down  (Read 519 times)

Offline Defekticon

Re: Low Seat Concepts seat will not latch down
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »
Anyway the problem is solved.
One member said - The seat adjuster bracket is not used on the seat concepts low seat...If you have this hi low bracket on the bike the seat will not fit.
I did not know this. The Seat Concepts guy did not suggest this either. Thank you all for helping me.
So I removed the plastic bracket and with a few tries I got it to lock. So the problem is solved.
Sorta because I still am having a hard time getting past the wrinkles in the skin. I think the foam is bent up in the forward part of the seat too.
I just don't like the look. The first seat they sent me did not have this issue. it was beautiful.

Let it sit in the sun for a day and see if it irons out. If it still has wrinkles after that I would send it back unless you're comfortable with a Harbor freight pneumatic stapler. I covered both the passenger seat on my S10 and KTM with seat concepts covers myself. It's relatively easy and cheap (15 bucks for the stapler and 5 bucks for the T-50 staples). I hate not riding because I some part is in the mail for weeks at a time. You can take up the old staples with a flat head screw driver and use a heat gun or a hair drier to get it warm, then restaple it. Less complicated than it sounds.
'14 Blue S10
'17 KTM 500EXC-F

Offline mkuszek

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:00 pm »
I can't believe it most of the wrinkles came out after baking it and massaging it in the sun all day.
Great idea.
I am gonna keep it. However i do agree you do give up some comfort padding for the love version seat.

Offline DryRider

• Ride On
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »
I'm glad that worked...It was a bit of a disappointment for the first few rides but then it broke in and got much better. I find that a lot of things contribute to seat fatigue, my rox risers put me in a better spot on the seat and I lowered the foot pegs with an aftermarket peg. I rode one day for 13 hours and it was good. I find that speed does add fatigue odd but feels like I can sit longer at slower speeds than at high speeds...pressure changes I guess, maybe vibrations but really I can't feel any. I think it's the best all day bike I ever had. I think everyone has a different configuration based on size. I'm 5-10 190lbs 30" inseam...I needed to get the handlebars back a bit I was leaning in way too much, my weight was on my wrists. Adjustments are necessary on almost all bikes I have owned some I just gave up on. This one I stayed at it till it was as good as it gets...good luck with yours you are on the right track.  I have about 6K on this seat and I feel it's a good one.   
2014 Tenere ES

Offline mkuszek

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:06 am »
Dryrider or anyone can you tell me the exact size Rox riser you have.
I need to know diameter size for the correct fit with the stock bars. I want to do that too.

I finally got to ride it last night for a few hours.
I am going to return the seat and keep the stocK seat with the bumper mod.
For my body it is just as low and has a more comfortable ride with my butt.
Everyone's different.

Offline DryRider

• Ride On
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:20 pm »
Rox makes a set of Tenere specific risers for the 2014 and up. If you have a older one I believe you can use the Rox universal riser. Mine is 2 inch and works well for me. I don't know the exact size handle bar but Rox has a website that can help you. The Tenere had different clamps on the gen 1 than on the gen 2. I would not have been able to get comfortable without them.  Let me know if you need more help and I'll dig in and get you more info!
2014 Tenere ES

Offline Calst05

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »
Ok....I got the seat concepts low seat and now mine won't latch either.  I have removed the high/low frame. 

Offline Calst05

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »
I see what the other poster meant by bending the latch tab down. It worked.