Author Topic: Arizona bound ADV trip, need advice  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Madhatter

Re: Arizona bound ADV trip, need advice
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 09:34:00 pm »
my pleasure

Offline snakebitten

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »

LOLOLO.....   I would probably blast the whole thing no problem, but I'm riding with others.....   LOL   Hey bother, come on over and go ride with us....

So tempting. Just spent 60 days in that region. Woulda been so easy to rendezvous!

But leave home this soon after getting back? Before getting everyone repaired from Harvey? Even I ain't that reckless. The kids would send a posse.
XT1200Z  TBDBITW  (The Biggest Dirt Bike in The World)
KTM 500 EXC              Dirtiest Street Bike In The World
KTM 950 SE           (The Substitute for the XT700Z that's coming)

Offline Buelligan

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »
Well, they made a quick pitstop here in ABQ to taste some green Chile, and do some quick wrenching. ::003::
I thought this was supposed to be a vacation?  looks like work to me! :D
Anyways, they are back on the road this morning, and my Tenere is sitting there with it's Clutch missing  :'(
I hope the pictures come out, and youse guys have a great ride!!
Guns and parachutes: If you ever need one and don't have it, you will never need one again.
USMC retired

Offline Mellow

• ST-Owners.com
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 03:32:55 pm »
I think I saw them yesterday heading west on I40 as I was heading to Amarillo for the night.

Offline ~TABASCO~

• RIDE ON ADV is what I do !
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 10:24:54 am »
Hello,

We have been riding the BDR.  It's been an "adventure" for sure.  I'm writing from Tombstone, AZ.  Tons of pictures and a few good stories to write when we get back. We are safe and starting to head back later today.  More to come !!
Lowering Links & Rising Links shipping now !

Shipping HEIDENAU'S... In stock

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline snakebitten

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 10:34:34 am »
Buelligan, the donar???

You're the man!

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:34 am »
Hey guys,

Made it back and had a blast !   Knocked out 2500 in a week of fun in the sun..  And some days it was very literal.   We basically took 40 over to flag staff. Then turned north and headed up to Grand  Canyon.  We then doubled back and started ridding the BDR from N-S.  I found almost on the first day that my camera on my phone started having the shakes and there were a ton of pictures that are all blurry. Very disappointing for sure.  But most people would probably like to see some pictures and not sit and read every detail in a long drawn out recollection of our trip, LOL....

****I want to add comments between pictures to explain what was going on.....  Not just a long wrap sheet of pictures....   How do I do that ?     Many years ago I down loaded pictures to another site, and then hit the button that looks like mona lisa, then it would let me stack up the pictures and write between the pictures.    How do I do that again  ?     I tried to post pictures on the road, each time I did, it just erased what I did (did not post) and took me back to the home screen.....   super excited about that !

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:37:56 am by ~TABASCO~ »

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline snakebitten

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 01:26:41 pm »
Ahhhh, the computer woes of my good buddy from Fort Worth. lol

You'll figure it out. And then I will get to read.

Offline Sierra1

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:28 pm »
Were you able to make it to the North rim of the canyon, or just the South?
In the stable: Me-'17 TENERE ES & '86 FJ 1200; Wife-'01 TW 200; Son 1-'16 R6; Son 2-'14 FJR ES
Out to Pasture: '77 XS 360; '81 SECA 550; '00 KZ 1000P; '04 BMW 1150 RT-P; '11 ST1300PA; '11 KLR

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Were you able to make it to the North rim of the canyon, or just the South?

South side.... 

www.rideonadv.com

Offline Buelligan

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 08:28:59 am »
You would have to get a free smugmug account, and upload your pictures to there.
THEN, you can click on the mona lisa, and paste the link to your picture in between the img brackets like this:     
looking forward to seeing, and hearing about your adventures!
Guns and parachutes: If you ever need one and don't have it, you will never need one again.
USMC retired

Offline Checkswrecks

• Global Moderator
  • Ungenear to broked stuff
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:59 am »
Hey guys,

Made it back and had a blast !   Knocked out 2500 in a week of fun in the sun..  And some days it was very literal.   We basically took 40 over to flag staff. Then turned north and headed up to Grand  Canyon.  We then doubled back and started ridding the BDR from N-S.  I found almost on the first day that my camera on my phone started having the shakes and there were a ton of pictures that are all blurry. Very disappointing for sure.  But most people would probably like to see some pictures and not sit and read every detail in a long drawn out recollection of our trip, LOL....

****I want to add comments between pictures to explain what was going on.....  Not just a long wrap sheet of pictures....   How do I do that ?     Many years ago I down loaded pictures to another site, and then hit the button that looks like mona lisa, then it would let me stack up the pictures and write between the pictures.    How do I do that again  ?     I tried to post pictures on the road, each time I did, it just erased what I did (did not post) and took me back to the home screen.....   super excited about that !

Thanks

Clarified the instructions on how to post photos.
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=19249.msg282612#msg282612

After you post a photo, you can hit the RETURN key a couple of times, add your text, hit a couple more RETURNs, then post the next photo. If you have LOTS of photos, it's easier on you and the reader to break your trip into multiple posts.

Looking forward to seeing some.
Damascus, MD
XTZ1200, KTM 690R

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »
Thank you.  I'll give it a try

www.rideonadv.com

Offline Sierra1

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 05:22:31 pm »

South side....

Yeah, the road from Jacobs Lake to the North Rim is beautiful, but the North Rim isn't on the way to anywhere.  We did both rims in one day, but it took ALL day.  We were surprised to find out that the entrance fee covers BOTH rims for the same day.
In the stable: Me-'17 TENERE ES & '86 FJ 1200; Wife-'01 TW 200; Son 1-'16 R6; Son 2-'14 FJR ES
Out to Pasture: '77 XS 360; '81 SECA 550; '00 KZ 1000P; '04 BMW 1150 RT-P; '11 ST1300PA; '11 KLR

Offline ~TABASCO~

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 05:34:27 pm »
This is harder than the ride........ LOL

By fallowing these directions,  I understand how to post pictures this way.... (like the old days)

Clarified the instructions on how to post photos.
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=19249.msg282612#msg282612

My problem is the icon "picture frame" under the bold 'B' does not work. When I have my curser up on the screen and I click on the picture frame the curser goes away and I have nothing........   Most of the 'controls' up in this tool bar have not worked for me in the last several years....  no font size, no yellow faces, etc...........

Does anyone have any clue,  I DONT.....  lol     Shoot, I can go on a great off road adventure across the country, but cant post pictures....   LOL

These controls are broken (for me)

www.rideonadv.com