Author Topic: Mosko Moto bags  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Velvet

• El lobo solitario
Re: Mosko Moto bags
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 05:55:45 pm »
I have two different size sets of their panniers as well as a 40L duffle and I am quite happy with them.  I also use the Kriega Overlander and US bags which are excellent quality as well.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:55:16 pm by Velvet »

Offline limey

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 08:18:25 pm »
These are the bags that will be going on my T7.

Offline Fpalbrecht

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »
I put a set on my 2016 this fall. Very happy with them. Great design, and build quality.

Offline True Grip

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 05:55:16 am »
Bob I've got the Reckless 80 v2 I'm gonna try for the trip to Romney. You'll have an opportunity to see upclose.
This ain't no coon hunt

Offline lacofdfireman

Who's running Mosko Moto Panniers?
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2017, 12:55:28 am »
When I was buying my bike from a guy in Montana he had a new BMW Rally bike with the Mosko Panniers.  They seemed really nice and he really liked them.  Just wondering how they fit on the Tenere.  What rack system did you use for them and if possible post up some pics of the rack system and the panniers.  Also tell us how you like them.  Thanks.

Offline Checkswrecks

• Global Moderator
  • Ungenear to broked stuff
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
Merged a few of the Mosko threads
Damascus, MD
XTZ1200, KTM 690R

Offline bob dirt

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »
Very interested in the backcountry 35L kit. Has anyone bought these and mounted to a stock Tenere with no existing rack? I have Yamaha boxes on a used 2016 that I just bought that I am going to remove and sell. I sent an email to them but have not heard back yet.
Life is short...eat the cookie

Offline maximus_flavius

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2017, 09:34:00 am »
I recently installed the 2nd generation 25L bags from MM.   I like them pretty good.   

I just couldn't pull the trigger on the most expensive soft bags extant (the 35L bags).   They look a little too bulky for me, & I really don't need that much space, myself.   

I will say that it took hours to find the correct mounting points on my Rumbux rear racks, due to their design (not square).   But now that their on good, no need to ever take off, I reckon.   

I'd also say that there several things about the MM bags I don't like, the main thing is "let's make everything a backpack!" mentality.   I also got a 30L duffle (its a backpack also!) that I don't like 1 bit.   Talk about overly complicated & bulky design.   I tried it for an hour with different gear, positions, set-ups, all for naught.   I'll likely sell it soon.   

So i got 3 backpacks, I mean bags.   

If MM is listening, I don't need bulky backpacks that are also bags.   I just want good bags.   I don't need backpacks, at all.   I strap bags onto my bike, not my back, & carry them.    Lotsa good space is wasted on interior backpack straps, that could otherwise make a more streamlined, less bulky bag.   

MM also needs to come out with a true rear rack bag, along the lines of Moose Racing.   I'd like to see a smaller bag that specifically fits just a rear rack, & also a larger bag that fits a rear rack / pillion plate.   & it certainly doesn't need to be a dang backpack either.   

Offline DamMechanic

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2017, 11:51:11 am »
Very interested in the backcountry 35L kit. Has anyone bought these and mounted to a stock Tenere with no existing rack? I have Yamaha boxes on a used 2016 that I just bought that I am going to remove and sell. I sent an email to them but have not heard back yet.
I have them on my bike and have also purchase a second set of mounts so I can use them on my KTM 640.

I like size so I can pack everything in the bags and keep the weight down low. I put my extra fuel and water in the add on pouches on the bottom, a couple of adult beverages packed with ice in the rear compartment since they have a drain hole in the bottom; first aid kit,tool roll,jump battery,snacks, spare gloves in the front compartments; all my camp gear goes in 1 main compartment and all my clothes goes in the other. 
Ride while you can!

Offline bob dirt

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »
I bought the 25L bags. The 35's looked big. They're supposed to be delivered today. I'll figure out how to mount them. I also bought a used KLR650 the other day. I'll use them on that bike also.
Life is short...eat the cookie