Author Topic: Motoz Tractionator GPS  (Read 606 times)

Offline TE2BA

Motoz Tractionator GPS
« on: April 22, 2017, 12:15:54 am »
I have been looking for review of Motoz Tractionator GPS on Super Tenere, but there are not too many of them.
So, here it goes, I just bought one and installing them this weekend. I think I'm going to star with 50/50 direction.
Has anybody used them? It feels lighter compare to knobbies. I wonder how puncture resistant these are. Well, I'll find them out soon.

Offline snakebitten

Re: Motoz Tractionator GPS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:27:45 am »
I'm looking forward to your report throughout the lifespan.

And don't mistake me for someone who hopes it has some kind of extreme lifespan, because I don't.
There are already some aggressive tread patterns, compared to smooth street patterns, that have impressive lifespans.
But I'm someone that is skeptical of high-grip (on and off road) AND long lifespan. Seems impossible.

I'm always looking for the perfect combination of aggressive tread, excellent grip, yet better than soft knobby lifespan. 4-5000 miles would be perfect.
That being when they are subjected to spirited use on a 100HP 600lb beast.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:50:22 am by snakebitten »
XT1200Z  TBDBITW  (The Biggest Dirt Bike in The World)
KTM 500 EXC              Dirtiest Street Bike In The World
KTM 950 SE           (The Substitute for the XT700Z that's coming)

Offline terrysig

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:24:57 am »
Agree with SnakeBitten. That last few thousand miles is the worst traction. I exchange my rear at 4000 and my front at 8000.  Not worth the loss of off road traction to squeeze out another 1000 and it times up nicely with other maintenance.

Although I do own a tire machine so that makes tire changes easier.

Offline trikepilot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:08:13 am »
Tires are consumables for my bike. I like no TC and the heavy application of right wrist - especially letting the roost fly offroad. So long lasting is not that important to me. The fun factor and offroad performance are tops of my list.

That being said... I am running to the MOTOZ Tractionator ADV on the Tenere. Lug pattern is nice if you like dirt riding and it has some burly sidewalls. I lost the first one to a carcass tear/puncture at 800 miles. It was a huge hit that left an inch long hole between two lugs. I am not sure if the carcass is just weak or was it the "perfect hit" from some piece of metal embdded in the ground. Regardless, I got another one for around $165 and am trying it out again. I have one 100mi ride on it and the lugs are chunking off on a weird symmetrical pattern. I am gonna see how this one lasts longterm before reserving judgment on the MOTOZ line.

Offline TE2BA

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »
Tires are consumables for my bike. I like no TC and the heavy application of right wrist - especially letting the roost fly offroad. So long lasting is not that important to me. The fun factor and offroad performance are tops of my list.

That being said... I am running to the MOTOZ Tractionator ADV on the Tenere. Lug pattern is nice if you like dirt riding and it has some burly sidewalls. I lost the first one to a carcass tear/puncture at 800 miles. It was a huge hit that left an inch long hole between two lugs. I am not sure if the carcass is just weak or was it the "perfect hit" from some piece of metal embdded in the ground. Regardless, I got another one for around $165 and am trying it out again. I have one 100mi ride on it and the lugs are chunking off on a weird symmetrical pattern. I am gonna see how this one lasts longterm before reserving judgment on the MOTOZ line.
Hi trikepilot,

I saw your post and pictures. It was after the purchase and I was a bit skeptical about the puncture resistance after picking it up and noticing how light. Oh well, only one way to find it out :D
I like dirt, but I was ok wth the stock Bridgestone as long as it's dry.  So, I'm not an aggressive rider.
I just added a big patch in my tool box >:D
I'll let you guys know how it works.

Sent from my SM-G935L using Tapatalk

Offline TE2BA

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »
On now and shook it down 90 miles easy  winding and flat dirt. So far so good. It is not too noisy on freeway which was one of my worry, but it certainly is not a knobbies.

I also checked spokes. It is 5200 miles and they are all tight. Dust shields are doing good job and I am a happy yamaha owner :D

Offline TE2BA

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:04:12 pm »
Here goes 2000 miles update.
I have been very happy with the performance both paved and dirt. I probably had 400+ miles of dirt to date, so 80/20 kind of usage.
What's becoming noticeable and concerns me a bit are cracks. You can see cracks on base of each blocks as well as the bottom surface of the tire. I send an inquiry to Motoz and waiting for their reply. If the crack worsens, the tires will have to come off much sooner than expected.
Front trailing edge of center chevron are also ripped. I don't know if it is from breaking or cruising, but it does look like a damage from whenever the bike  is straight.

Offline TE2BA

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 03:08:11 am »
Here goes 2000 miles update.
I have been very happy with the performance both paved and dirt. I probably had 400+ miles of dirt to date, so 80/20 kind of usage.
What's becoming noticeable and concerns me a bit are cracks. You can see cracks on base of each blocks as well as the bottom surface of the tire. I send an inquiry to Motoz and waiting for their reply. If the crack worsens, the tires will have to come off much sooner than expected.
Front trailing edge of center chevron are also ripped. I don't know if it is from breaking or cruising, but it does look like a damage from whenever the bike  is straight.
3000 miles update.