Author Topic: Finally. It's coming. XT700  (Read 18748 times)

Offline EricV

• Rumbux Importer - Riding, farkling, riding...
Re: Finally. It's coming. XT700
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2017, 09:49:58 am »
For all the bold talk of off road adventure riding, why is the polished prototype shown with a street only front fender?  The bike in the video has a high fender, but not the more production looking one in the pics below the vid.  And I don't think those headlights and that tail will survive DOT inspection.  Looks like what most would prefer though!  No bike for short riders.
Matte Black 2015 Super Tenere
Rumbux Adventure Products Importer
Eval Innovations Inc.

Offline mebgardner

« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:31 pm »
For all the bold talk of off road adventure riding, why is the polished prototype shown with a street only front fender?  The bike in the video has a high fender, but not the more production looking one in the pics below the vid.  And I don't think those headlights and that tail will survive DOT inspection.  Looks like what most would prefer though!  No bike for short riders.

Have you had a close look at the current crop of big ADV machines? Almost all of them come with their front fender an inch from the front tire (OK, really really close, anyway). It's ridiculous!

This is a common complaint on the ADVRider forum regarding the Honda AT (prior years).

Those stupid front fenders are plastic... they stuff up with mud quickly..., and then they break!  The front brake line is especially susceptible to this fender breaking business.

Ridiculous!
2016 ST, Non-ES, Power Commander PCFC, Seat Concepts, Rox 2" Risers w/ OEM lines, Aux: ADVMonster 44W LEDS and Dimmer, HL: NightEye H7 50W LEDs, Eastern Beaver CS3, Givi TN355 crash bars, Skene Designs Photon Blaster LEDs, Knight Design Wide Hunter lowering pegs, Denali SoundBlaster w/ Twisted Throttle horn mount, SW Motech Evo Side Racks, Saddleman X-Jumbo Cruiser Soft Bags, Hepco Becker Rear Rack, Hepco Becker Junior 45 Rear Top Case, MRA X-creen Tour, OEM reg. shield and bracket, OEM side wind deflectors, RideOn Tire additive, 0.55 in. LED eBay Voltmeter, Battery tender. Hit-Air Airbag Vest, Motoport 3/4 Length 3 Layer Jacket with Quad Armor Upgrade, EVS G6 Mesh Armor (summer), Revit 2 Layer Mesh Pants, A* Corozal Boots, Shoei Hornet X2.

Offline Don T

• Bike-addict
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:59 am »

The bike in the (latest) video and pictures is the same. Don't confuse the T7 concept with the Ténéré 700 World Raid prototype - the later looks pretty much productions ready.
Personally I'm fine with a low fender, as long as it don't sit too close to the tire.
Life is an adventure!
XT1200Z '15

Online Dogdaze

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:20 am »
I know that you can buy a fender 'riser kit' for the Honda AT, that will raise the front fender about 2", perhaps there will be that option for the T7?
As I get older, I am no longer surprised at what I know, I'm surprised at how much I don't know.

Offline greg the pole

• There are no stupid questions, only stupid people
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2017, 08:57:53 am »
I know that you can buy a fender 'riser kit' for the Honda AT, that will raise the front fender about 2", perhaps there will be that option for the T7?
Easy fix.  Several aftermarket co's have the fix.  When and if the T7 shows it will have it as well.
I'm going to do a small fender rise on the AT.  Not going with the off road version and a high fender.  The amount of shit that comes off the wheel at speed will have you covered in shit in no time flat.
It's hard to soar like an eagle, when you're surrounded by turkeys

Bikes current:
2012 ST1200 Do it all..with a couple of mods.
2015 FJ09 Comfortable hooligan
2014 KTM 300 XC Smoker.  Ring a ding ding
...ya owned a few ...FZ07, FZ09, FZ01 1st Gen, ST1300, KLR's, DR650's, DR400, DL1000, TLS, VFR,CBR..

Offline EricV

• Rumbux Importer - Riding, farkling, riding...
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2017, 09:51:13 am »
One thing about the T7, with it's single disk front end, at least you won't have to worry about a cross over brake line like on the Super Ten and BMWs.  On my '12 S10 I raised the fender an inch or so and fabricated a two brake line kit to ditch the cross over.  After breaking the fender at full compression due to the aux light under my headlight, I eventually did a high fender. 
Matte Black 2015 Super Tenere
Rumbux Adventure Products Importer
Eval Innovations Inc.

Offline mebgardner

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2017, 09:53:11 am »
The amount of shit that comes off the wheel at speed will have you covered in shit in no time flat.

+1.  But, I thought that was the fender's job, was to keep the stuff off you, and the (whatever is down in front: brakes, radiator, oil cooler, etc).

If it does not do that, then it's not working successfully. It should just work without adding more money to fix it.

I know, I know, I throw lots of aftermarket coin at my cycles too. Does not mean I like doing it.

One of the things that *really* put me off the Honda AT: $120 for heat deflecting louvers. Yup, that cycle also throws a bunch of heat at rider's legs (tho, they do not like to admit this for some reason). The fix? $120 at Honda's aftermarket kit. Boy, that really set me off! All that money for what was probably $10.00 of plastic parts that *should* have come standard!

Yeah, easy fix. Sure, put those skinny plastic fenders up higher, I'm sure they'll work better up there. <sarcasm>
2016 ST, Non-ES, Power Commander PCFC, Seat Concepts, Rox 2" Risers w/ OEM lines, Aux: ADVMonster 44W LEDS and Dimmer, HL: NightEye H7 50W LEDs, Eastern Beaver CS3, Givi TN355 crash bars, Skene Designs Photon Blaster LEDs, Knight Design Wide Hunter lowering pegs, Denali SoundBlaster w/ Twisted Throttle horn mount, SW Motech Evo Side Racks, Saddleman X-Jumbo Cruiser Soft Bags, Hepco Becker Rear Rack, Hepco Becker Junior 45 Rear Top Case, MRA X-creen Tour, OEM reg. shield and bracket, OEM side wind deflectors, RideOn Tire additive, 0.55 in. LED eBay Voltmeter, Battery tender. Hit-Air Airbag Vest, Motoport 3/4 Length 3 Layer Jacket with Quad Armor Upgrade, EVS G6 Mesh Armor (summer), Revit 2 Layer Mesh Pants, A* Corozal Boots, Shoei Hornet X2.

Offline Don T

• Bike-addict
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2017, 04:34:25 pm »
One thing about the T7, with it's single disk front end, at least you won't have to worry about a cross over brake line like on the Super Ten and BMWs.  On my '12 S10 I raised the fender an inch or so and fabricated a two brake line kit to ditch the cross over.  After breaking the fender at full compression due to the aux light under my headlight, I eventually did a high fender.

The T7 concept only had one brake disc - the Tènéré 700 World Raid prototype has two, so that is more than likely what we can expect on the production model.
Life is an adventure!
XT1200Z '15