Author Topic: FOR SALE 2013 (Yamaha Factory*) White Super Tenere' $9499.00  (Read 915 times)

Offline Twayscyc

FOR SALE 2013 (Yamaha Factory*) White Super Tenere' $9499.00
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:55:25 am »

This Yamaha 2013 XTZ12D Super Tenere’ is For Sale for $9499.00 firm. It originally was owned by Yamaha Motor Corp.
 USA and used in their Yamaha Training Academy Classes for Electrical troubleshooting and accrued zero miles.
 It was then moved to the Employees Motor Pool where employees can check vehicles out and use them over the weekend(or longer)
 as long as they bring them back clean, full of gas, and of course undamaged.
      6800 miles was put on the bike in this fashion with most of the miles put on the bike by one of the Senior Regional Technical Advisors I know well.
    I then purchased the bike in August of 2014. It was outfitted with a Factory skid plate, Yamaha taller windshield, but otherwise stock.
  I added the wind deflector winglets(also Yamaha) which made a Huge difference in wind protection. I added the rear cases
 and one of each color as I was able to get a very good deal by them being different colors(Long Story!).
 I added the Yamaha Factory frame/engine/faring/tank guards and then some AdvMonster Model 55 LED Combi-Spot lights & PWM(Pulse Width Modulator)
 dimmer which allows for brightness setting on low beam but full brightness on high beam. And they are BRIGHT!-- 3000Lumens each!
 By comparison, the PIAA lights Yamaha offers are only 1500 lumens each.
     I also installed a remote switch to operate the Trip Sets and Fuel Milage/Temp displays on handlebar instead of just at the Meter Assembly….Much better with gloves!
    The bike has a almost new set of Michelin Anakee' 3 tires on it as well. 70/30 Street Dirt. Works well on hard pack & gravel & fair in sand.
   The bike has been serviced as per Yamaha Factory recommendations with YamaLube 20w50 Full synthetic oil. With 33,500 miles it is just getting ‘Broken-In’
       ……Just ask any Super Tenere’ owner!
      I am 67 years old and the owner of Twin Cities Yamaha for the past 30+ years and am only selling this bike to upgrade to a 2016 60th Anniversary Model
 I have the chance to acquire the same way. You won’t find a nicer, better kept bike at this price anywhere!     
                                                                                                                                          Scot M Tway

Delivery in SouthEast a possibility(Meet Ya 1/2 way?)
[Reformatted the text to make it easier to read. - CW]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:58:00 pm by Twayscyc »

Offline EricV

• Rumbux Importer - Riding, farkling, riding...
Re: FOR SALE 2013 (Yamaha Factory*) White Super Tenere'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:22 am »
I don't see a price in your text.  And your text is difficult to read since you appear to have copied and pasted it in.  Break up the paragraphs so you don't have to scroll back and forth to read it and increase the text size a bit and it will be easier.  I would also suggest you edit your subject line to add the price there as well.

Nice bike, good luck with the sale.   ::008::
Matte Black 2015 Super Tenere
Rumbux Adventure Products Importer
Eval Innovations Inc.

Offline Twayscyc

Re: FOR SALE 2013 (Yamaha Factory*) White Super Tenere' $9499.00
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:59 pm »
Thanks for the tips....redid spacing & added price to Header

Offline mebgardner

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:40 pm »
An Owner / Operator of a Yamaha dealership, advertising here. Interesting...
2016 ST, Non-ES, Power Commander PCFC, Seat Concepts, Rox 2" Risers w/ OEM lines, Aux: ADVMonster 44W LEDS and Dimmer, HL: NightEye H7 50W LEDs, Eastern Beaver CS3, Givi TN355 crash bars, Skene Designs Photon Blaster LEDs, Knight Design Wide Hunter lowering pegs, Denali SoundBlaster w/ Twisted Throttle horn mount, SW Motech Evo Side Racks, Saddleman X-Jumbo Cruiser Soft Bags, Hepco Becker Rear Rack, Hepco Becker Junior 45 Rear Top Case, MRA X-creen Tour, OEM reg. shield and bracket, OEM side wind deflectors, RideOn Tire additive, 0.55 in. LED eBay Voltmeter, Battery tender. Hit-Air Airbag Vest, Motoport 3/4 Length 3 Layer Jacket with Quad Armor Upgrade, EVS G6 Mesh Armor (summer), Revit 2 Layer Mesh Pants, A* Corozal Boots, Shoei Hornet X2.

Offline Twayscyc

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »
As noted in the post, although I am a Yamaha Dealer this is my Personal bike. Is not, nor has it ever been in Dealer inventory. The title has My name on it. As such I thought
it would be OK to list it on this Forum. Most small Dealers such as myself are avid enthusiasts who took the Huge step to attempting to make a living doing what they Love.
Granted, the Mega Dealers you now find in the Big Cities are owned by Big Corporations who could care less about Motorcycling other than as a Profit Point. Let me suggest
True Motorcyclists search out the Small, Family Owned Dealers and help them stay alive......Motorcycling in the USA will be better off for it. Remember, last year in the USA
there was a TOTAL of 316,000 motorcycles sold! That's IT! 48 million cars & trucks! No wonder Bloomeburgs Headlines a few weeks back was "The American Motorcycle
Industry is Dead" !!!! 

Offline mebgardner

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:39 pm »
I apologize. I meant no dis-respect. Fare Thee Well :)
2016 ST, Non-ES, Power Commander PCFC, Seat Concepts, Rox 2" Risers w/ OEM lines, Aux: ADVMonster 44W LEDS and Dimmer, HL: NightEye H7 50W LEDs, Eastern Beaver CS3, Givi TN355 crash bars, Skene Designs Photon Blaster LEDs, Knight Design Wide Hunter lowering pegs, Denali SoundBlaster w/ Twisted Throttle horn mount, SW Motech Evo Side Racks, Saddleman X-Jumbo Cruiser Soft Bags, Hepco Becker Rear Rack, Hepco Becker Junior 45 Rear Top Case, MRA X-creen Tour, OEM reg. shield and bracket, OEM side wind deflectors, RideOn Tire additive, 0.55 in. LED eBay Voltmeter, Battery tender. Hit-Air Airbag Vest, Motoport 3/4 Length 3 Layer Jacket with Quad Armor Upgrade, EVS G6 Mesh Armor (summer), Revit 2 Layer Mesh Pants, A* Corozal Boots, Shoei Hornet X2.

Offline Checkswrecks

• Global Moderator
  • Ungenear to broked stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 04:19:40 pm »
As noted in the post, although I am a Yamaha Dealer this is my Personal bike. Is not, nor has it ever been in Dealer inventory. The title has My name on it. As such I thought
it would be OK to list it on this Forum. Most small Dealers such as myself are avid enthusiasts who took the Huge step to attempting to make a living doing what they Love.
Granted, the Mega Dealers you now find in the Big Cities are owned by Big Corporations who could care less about Motorcycling other than as a Profit Point. Let me suggest
True Motorcyclists search out the Small, Family Owned Dealers and help them stay alive......Motorcycling in the USA will be better off for it. Remember, last year in the USA
there was a TOTAL of 316,000 motorcycles sold! That's IT! 48 million cars & trucks! No wonder Bloomeburgs Headlines a few weeks back was "The American Motorcycle
Industry is Dead" !!!!

No problem, as it was yours. We have a number of people here who own or work in dealerships.

Good point about sales. A trivia item is that all of the motorcycles sold in the US last year equated to two days of sales in India. Although the vast majority of theirs are small displacement, the numbers are staggering.
Damascus, MD
XTZ1200, KTM 690R

Offline Twayscyc

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 05:28:08 pm »
 You are correct!....8 million last year!   Few people would know that the Number 1 top selling motorcycle in the World is Hero, an Indian company.

Offline Twayscyc

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:29 pm »
I am really Surprised No One in the SouthEast is even interested enough in this bike to ask any questions?!?

Offline 2daMax

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 04:13:51 am »
Perhaps most ppl who come here already have a S10.  Try advertising in the BMW forums and mention no Stanchion issues on the forks.  J/K.  Probably try the Kawasaki Versys forum, another great forum, and perhaps those who are ready for a bigger cc will consider.
Current: 2012 Super Tenere - White/Red Speedblocks
Previous:
2011 to 2015 - Kawasaki Versys 650 2011
2010 to 2011 - Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008

Offline Twayscyc

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 08:46:17 pm »
Thanks for the Tips!