Author Topic: TrailTech Remote Scroll/Trip for handlebar mod  (Read 23232 times)

Offline ~TABASCO~

• RIDE ON ADV is what I do !
Re: TrailTech Remote Scroll/Trip for handlebar mod
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »
Yep.   Great mod.  You just need a small sharp iron. 
Lowering Links & Rising Links shipping now !

Shipping HEIDENAU'S... In stock

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline Bigbore4

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »
Finally did mine today, now if I can just get the Baja lights working.
Dave
IBA# 45134

2012 Raven XT1200Z on the way, er XTZ12B picked up 7-29-11
2005 FJR
SRX6

Offline ~TABASCO~

• RIDE ON ADV is what I do !
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:22 pm »
Finally did mine today, now if I can just get the Baja lights working.
Call me and I'll try and help. 
Lowering Links & Rising Links shipping now !

Shipping HEIDENAU'S... In stock

www.rideonadv.com
2012 Super Tenere - 1"bar riser - motoX grips - ECUnleashed flash - Barnett clutch pressure plate - UNI filter - Air box mod - Akrapovic custom muffler - Arrow headers - PCV&AT - Ohlins suspension front & rear - Trailtech Voyager - Steel braded lines on everything - Ride On skid plate - Carbon fork guards - rear disc gard - rear res guard - WC turn signals - WC headlight guard - ADV tires - WC/ride on graphics - sync TB - Baja Squadrons & S2 - custom dash LED's - Custom light harness - Ride On custom light switch - Keyless gas cap

Offline Bigbore4

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:33 pm »
Call me and I'll try and help.

I wish it were that easy.  Without my ego getting in the way I am pretty good at this stuff.  I am confident in my solder joints, the lights come on with the high beams which seems to reinforce that my wiring is correct.  This weekend I did the HID mod, and the Trail Tech mode mod.  They both work.

If you are really bored, the team I manage commissions and supports equipment described in the following video.  At about the 5 and 3/4 minute mark we are actually taking a 4.5 megawatt factory off of the utility grid with nary a light flicker.  The vid is old, but it is the only thing I can find publicly posted:

Interruptible Room - Cummins Power Generation Facility

Pretty sure I haven't made a serious blunder, there's that ego thing again.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:09:35 am by Bigbore4 »
Dave
IBA# 45134

2012 Raven XT1200Z on the way, er XTZ12B picked up 7-29-11
2005 FJR
SRX6

Offline jaeger22

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »
Just did this mod. Outstanding! Great job by Tiger One! ::012::
This is my favorite kind of mod. Easy (with these instructions) , cheap, and a huge improvement! ;D
I did make a few changes. (I always seem to have to change everything  ;))  I already had a cruse control panel mounted on the left and don't have much more room l and I also I really only need the right display button. I rarely change the  trip/odometer display but often scroll through the right button display.  So I just did a single miniature push button switch from Radio Shack. I water proofed it as best I could using heat shrink around the back of the switch to seal it and dialectic grease to seal up the front.  I made a simple mounting bracket from some aluminum angle, and painted it black. total cost is about $4. :)
Here is a picture of the button. (Small button above the CC panel) 

I don't know why photobucket keeps rotating this picture! ::010::
I really like being able to scroll through the display with out having to let go of the handlebar.
I don't know why Yamaha didn't do this form the get go.  :question: but at lease it is an easy fix and you can put the switch(s) exactly where you want them.
John  ::001::

Offline twinrider

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2014, 03:50:54 pm »
The OP's step by step DIY pics have vanished, does anyone else have this mod documented?

Offline Thrasherg

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
Same here, I am new to the Tenere and would like to make this same 3 button mod to my bike, would be great to see the pictures if someone has a copy somewhere?

Gary