Author Topic: Sidi Adventure / 2  (Read 435 times)

Offline YobtafS10

Sidi Adventure / 2
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:55:12 pm »
Hi guys, just wondered if any of you wear the sidi adventure gore tex boots? I've tried riding my tenere wearing my old mx boots and changing gear is a pain. Wounded if these offer a little more movement?  Instadently my old mx boots were a very cheap and cheerful but they are my only experience with such a boot.

Any replies good or bad greatly received. Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Offline Dirt_Dad

Re: Sidi Adventure / 2
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 06:09:28 pm »
My Side Adventure Gore-Tex are now 4.5 years old.  They have been the best boot I could have ever wanted.  I use them in all weather, including hours and hours of snow plowing on the ATV.  Until June this year they never leaked...ever.  They have seen a ton of rain over the last several years.

In June this year in a couple of frog strangling rains I did get small leaks.  I'm dealing with Gore-Tex on it now.  They want photos of front, back, sides and bottom before they will authorize me to send them to Gore-Tex for repair or replacement.  I need them next week so I haven't sent the photos yet.  We'll see how it goes.

4.5 years works out to $88 a year for the best protection you could want.  I was wearing these boots when I hit the deer that bent my shifting rod, which probably means it hit my boot pretty hard.  Never felt a thing.  Even if you ride highway, these boots are not overkill. 

Very comfortable for walking.  Done a fair amount of hiking in them.  The worst thing I can say is they have the Sidi squeak.  You'll never sneak up on anyone when wearing these boots.   You can spray them to temporarily quiet them down, but eventually they start squeaking again.  You eventually learn to ignore it. 

Even if Gore-Tex turns down my claim, the boots are still waterproof if I spray them.  Not ready to give them up.  It's a great boot.
17 Super Tenere ES
15 Super Tenere ES
12 Yamaha XT250
13 Suzuki DR650SE

Offline Paletes3

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:26 pm »
Just bought Sidi Adventure 2 Gore Tex two days ago.
I've never had this kind of boots (just touring and trekking ones) and was a bit worried if they were "overkill" for daily commuting (99% of my riding). After many opinions and good reviews (i.e. on the bild quality; confort and leak free) I made the decision to spend 323€ on them.

Comfortable from 1st minute, though they need to break in. First 15 minutes of riding I missed some gear up :-[. And foot brake while filtering showed that rear ABS is working fine  O:-)
As soon as I was getting used to be gentle things were getting better. I'm planning to adjust the gear lever a bit up and foot brake a bit down. Today (my 2nd day riding with these boots) a lot easier. They're breakin in fast. No squeaks (at least for now) and still a bit robocop walking style, but movement is awesome. Still no rain around here but with Gore Tex I'm confident.
So, go for it.
Hope this short review may help

XT1200Z 2016 Race Blu series

The journey not the arrival matters - T.S.Eliot

Offline Moki

• 2013 Super Tenere
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:29:31 pm »
I've ridden with etc Sidi Adventures...and now have the Forma Cape Horn, which I found a much better fit on and off the bike.  Much cheaper and quality just as good.  Sizes are the same between Sidi and Forma

Offline Defekticon

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »
I hope the new generation doesn't squeak as much as the first generation does. Walk through an office with the first generation they'll likely kick you out. I bring some office shoes with me on office days and change out during the day.
'14 Blue S10
'17 KTM 500EXC-F

Offline Dirt_Dad

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:01 pm »
I hope the new generation doesn't squeak as much as the first generation does.

The jury is still out on that one.  I don't remember the first generation squeaking horribly out of the box.  It look a little wearing before they became comically squeaky.   Gore Tex authorized the replacement of my gen 1 Adventure boots and I now have the gen 2 Adventure.  Definitely not squeaking as much as gen 1, but I haven't gotten them wet yet or put on enough time to know how noisy they will get.
17 Super Tenere ES
15 Super Tenere ES
12 Yamaha XT250
13 Suzuki DR650SE