Author Topic: ECU Flash: ECUnleashed or Off-The-Road?  (Read 306 times)

Offline twinrider

ECU Flash: ECUnleashed or Off-The-Road?
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:59:58 am »
I plan on getting my Gen II's ECU flashed. I reached out to Anthony but unfortunately he can't flash EU-spec ECUs.  AFAIK, that leaves ECUnleashed and Off-The-Road. I had the former on my Gen. I and was happy with the results but it's pricey at over $500 with shipping. OTR's is about $100 less.

Does anyone know which is better?

Also, does anyone know of any alternatives to these two?

TIA.

Offline Dogdaze

Re: ECU Flash: ECUnleashed or Off-The-Road?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 06:24:07 am »
Velox racing In Jersey UK (I think, could be Guernsey) they will ship, also CJ Racing in Bristol, both will do a great job, CJ will also do a full dyno setup, not relevant in your case I guess. velox charge about £175
As I get older, I am no longer surprised at what I know, I'm surprised at how much I don't know.

Offline twinrider

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:45:31 pm »
Velox racing In Jersey UK (I think, could be Guernsey) they will ship, also CJ Racing in Bristol, both will do a great job, CJ will also do a full dyno setup, not relevant in your case I guess. velox charge about £175

Have you used CJ Racing? He is willing to send a flash to a shop in Japan he works with so it could be installed locally. But he says he's not sure if it can get rid of the off-idle bog in first gear, which is a big reason why I want to do the flash. He also blocks off the 02 sensors, which I didn't need to do for my ECUnleashed flash. Not sure what the downside of that is.

Offline Dogdaze

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:34:25 pm »
Have you used CJ Racing? He is willing to send a flash to a shop in Japan he works with so it could be installed locally. But he says he's not sure if it can get rid of the off-idle bog in first gear, which is a big reason why I want to do the flash. He also blocks off the 02 sensors, which I didn't need to do for my ECUnleashed flash. Not sure what the downside of that is.

I never got to use CJ Racing in the end (bought the Gen2) but did speak to him about it, I would go with Velox, they have good review and from what I gather get rid of the off idle stumble, that have lots of reviews and the ship abroad.
As I get older, I am no longer surprised at what I know, I'm surprised at how much I don't know.