Author Topic: ***SOLD*** Sargeant Seat for Sale  (Read 601 times)

Offline petebcca

***SOLD*** Sargeant Seat for Sale
« on: June 03, 2018, 09:08:14 pm »
 I have a three year old Sargeant seat for sale.  Side of seat has a two inch slit in it that I have easily repaired with Gorilla tape. I would keep it but insurer insists on replacing with a new one. (No wonder our rates are so high!).  Sale $75 US or $90CDN.  Shipping not included.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:59:58 pm by petebcca »
'97 BMW F650St
'12 Super Tenere

Offline Jazzer

Re: Sargeant Seat for Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:50:17 am »
I'd like to buy it.  I'm in the states (CA).  Will it cost a fortune to ship it here?

Thanks,

Ken

Offline jeffsilverz

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »
I'm interested and in Kingston on. is this still available?

Offline silverspurs

• My first car was a motorcycle.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:26:29 am »
I'm also interested, 3rd on list I guess... I'm in Boise, Idaho

Offline Kevhunts

• "For every one you see, you probably missed three"
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:41 am »
I have a three year old Sargeant seat for sale.  Side of seat has a two inch slit in it that I have easily repaired with Gorilla tape. I would keep it but insurer insists on replacing with a new one. (No wonder our rates are so high!).  Sale $75 US or $90CDN.  Shipping not included.

I got foam & a cover if you want to repair it.

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=21351.0
The act of riding is a form of meditation, because the concentration that's required to safely ride a motorcycle tends to focus the mind in a way that eliminates other mental distractions that might interfere with the mission.

Offline jeffsilverz

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 12:12:49 pm »
PM sent.

Offline matbaugh

• Poetry or Pragmatism?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 08:13:14 am »
I'll take it.  Is it sold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

To escape criticism—do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
Elbert Hubbard

1997 BMW R1100 RT Glacier Green (why oh why did I sell her?)
2002 BMW R1150 RT Silver (Traded)
2003 BMW K1200 RS (who says you can't do a 1200 mile day?)
1994 Honda ST1100 (old, but awesome)
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere (this thing really does it all)

Offline PAULIBIKER

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 01:11:06 pm »
I'll take it.  Is it sold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Who knows? OP hasn’t posted here or returned PM’S.

Offline silverspurs

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 06:39:08 pm »
My offer of $90 plus shipping costs made via email is hereby rescinded due to lack of any response from seller for two days now... I just bought a Seth Laam seat instead of waiting around for a response from OP... 

good luck to the rest of you. I'm done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:43:10 pm by silverspurs »

Offline twinrider

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 10:17:27 am »
I had both a Sargent and a Laam. Neither worked well for me, ended up liking my Seat Concepts the best.

Offline silverspurs

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 10:35:03 pm »
would you PM me about the Laam issues you had??  no money has exchanged hands yet, but they have my info for a custom build...  I'd like to hear from you.

I had a sargent on my KLR years ago and it really improved that ride...  I've done seat concepts foam and vinyl on a couple of bikes...  better but not great...  so I'm really curious what my $360 at Laam is going to get me

thanks!

Offline twinrider

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:30:12 am »
would you PM me about the Laam issues you had??  no money has exchanged hands yet, but they have my info for a custom build...  I'd like to hear from you.

I had a sargent on my KLR years ago and it really improved that ride...  I've done seat concepts foam and vinyl on a couple of bikes...  better but not great...  so I'm really curious what my $360 at Laam is going to get me

thanks!

Because I'm only 5'7" with proportionally short arms I usually sit more toward the front of the S10's seat. The problem I had with the Sargent seat is it forced me to sit too far back into a "pocket" to be comfortable. The front section of the seat was pretty hard so that didn't work and I sold it.

When I talked to Seth I told him what I wanted, a neutral shape like the stock seat that gave me the freedom to sit forward or back. Per his request I sent him pics of me on the stock seat. After waiting four weeks, I finally get the seat only to find it very similar to the Sargent with a well defined pocket and the front section hard and uncomfortable. I sent it back to him on my dime (from Japan) to be reworked but it didn't get much better in this respect. It also wasn't waterproof I learned, despite the website saying that the stitching doesn't let in rain. Got a wet butt the day after I rode 40 minutes in the rain even though it looked dry and had been in my garage overnight. That's when I decided to sell it and get a Seat Concepts. The SC does have the neutral profile that I wanted, so I can sit toward the front or back and be equally comfortable. It wasn't 100 percent waterproof either, but at least it was comfortable.

If you're a tall rider you might like it better than I did, as long as you don't care about sitting toward the front when on dirt, etc.